Standardized use of ceramic foam filters in melting and casting workshops. Aluminum alloy smelting uses solvent refining treatment in the furnace and aluminum ceramic foam filters outside the furnace to remove non-metallic slag inclusions in aluminum alloy melts, which has long been an important means of purifying aluminum liquid.
The usage of ceramic foam filters is as follows:
1) Clean the filter box.
2) Gently put the ceramic foam filter into the filter box, and press the sealing gasket around the filter plate tightly with your hands to prevent the aluminum liquid from flowing by and leaking impurities.
3) Evenly preheat the filter box and filter plate to bring them close to the temperature of the molten aluminum. The preheating will remove the moisture, which is beneficial to the initial instant filtration. Preheating can use electricity or gas and other energy sources. Gas preheating is usually more common.
4) Pay attention to the change of aluminum hydraulic head during the casting process. The normal starting pressure head is 100-150mm. When the aluminum liquid starts to pass, the pressure head will drop to 75-100mm.
5) During normal filtration, knocking and vibration of the filter plate should be avoided. At the same time, the launder should be filled with aluminum liquid to avoid excessive disturbance of the aluminum liquid. If the aluminum liquid contains a large amount of slag, it is recommended to add a glass fiber cloth before filtering.
Perform coarse filtration to intercept the slag flowing out when the furnace eye is opened and the slag washed down from the launder to prevent the filter plate from being clogged and achieve better filtration effects with the ceramic filter plate. Figure 3 reflects the casting process
The filter plate is broken.
6) After filtration, scrape the metal on the surface of the filter plate while it is hot. After the temperature drops, take out the entire filter plate to ensure that the filter plate is not brittle. Some operators did not wait for the temperature to drop before taking out the filter
The board ended up broken into several pieces. This operation is wrong.
Recycling of used ceramic foam filters
First, scrape the metal on the surface of the filter plate clean and take it out. Many companies that produce high-end aluminum profiles sell used ceramic filter plates directly to professional manufacturers for recycling. This can often cause slag inclusion defects, scratches, or torn aluminum casting rods on the surface. Aluminum profiles can be the best ceramic filter Plate processing methods.
Second, use a small crucible furnace to process the recycled metal. The molten metal is slag-purified with a slag-breaking agent cast into ingots and then returned to the smelting furnace for batching production.
Third, it must be prohibited to return used ceramic filter plates directly to the smelting furnace to produce finished aluminum cast rods. The aluminum profiles extruded in the extrusion workshop of an aluminum profile factory even damaged the mold working belt, and the rough lines on the surface of the extruded aluminum profiles were also obvious, seriously affecting the extrusion yield and restricting the normal operation of the company’s production. However, there is a relatively large gap between the quality of such aluminum products and companies with excellent management in the aluminum profile processing industry. After investigation, it was determined that there was a problem with the company’s molten aluminum casting rods. Through comprehensive technical diagnosis and research on various aspects of the casting workshop, including equipment and facilities, raw and auxiliary materials, production processes and personnel operations, etc.
Aluminum cast rod filter plate ceramic slag inclusion is a recycling treatment method for aluminum cast rod slag inclusion.
Slag inclusions are the most harmful type of extrusion. The melting and casting workshop must use filter plates according to the correct operating methods to ensure that the ceramic filter plates can be taken out of the filter box intact after use. It is prohibited to return the used ceramic filter plates directly to smelting. Furnace batching to produce finished aluminum cast rods should at least be processed in a small crucible furnace with a new foam ceramic foam filter for gold recovery. The molten metal should be slagging and purified with a slagging agent, cast into ingots, and then returned to the smelting furnace for batching production. Many companies that produce high-end aluminum profiles often sell used ceramic filter plates directly to proprietary ferrous metals (smelting part).