In the field of mechanical transmission, the worm gear assembly process is a common transmission method. It has the advantages of a large transmission ratio, high transmission precision, and compact structure, and is widely used in various industrial fields. This article will introduce in detail the assembly process steps of worm gears and precautions, to provide useful reference and assistance to employees.
Worm gear structure and working principle
The worm gear structure mainly consists of two parts: a worm gear and a worm. It is the object that connects the filter box cover gears are usually made of materials such as bronze or cast iron, which have high strength and wear resistance; worm gears are generally made of steel and have high hardness and precision after quenching and grinding.
During the transmission process, the worm gear and the worm rub against each other at the meshing point, and the rotation of the turbine drives the rotation of the worm, thereby realizing the transmission of power. The principle of worm gear transmission can be summarized as follows: the axes of the turbine and the worm are perpendicular to each other, and the tooth pitch of the turbine and the worm are equal.
Worm gear assembly process steps
Before starting assembly, you need to make the following preparations:
1. Check whether all parts are complete and intact, especially whether there is any damage or burrs on the tooth
surfaces of the worm gear and worm.
2. Clean the work surface and make sure it is clean and tidy to facilitate the smooth progress of the assembly work.
3. Prepare the required tools and measuring tools, such as screwdrivers, hammers, dial indicators, etc.
1. Place the worm gear and worm on the work surface respectively, ensuring that their axes are perpendicular to each other.
2. Use a screwdriver to insert the positioning pin into the positioning holes of the worm gear and worm to secure the two together.
3. Use a dial indicator to check whether the tooth pitch of the worm gear and worm is equal. If there is any problem, adjust it in time.
4. Apply grease or oil on the tooth surface to reduce frictional resistance during meshing.
5. Mesh the worm gear and the worm together tightly to ensure that there is no gap in the mesh and that the rotation is flexible.
6. Use a screwdriver to tighten the screws to secure the worm gear and worm together.
7. Repeatedly debug the rotation of the worm gear and worm to ensure smooth transmission without vibration or noise.
8. Check and accept the assembled worm gear to ensure that it meets the transmission requirements and safety standards.